2015年3月20日星期五

perfect summer dinner



Is anyone else in as much shock as I am that summer time is coming to a close?! I mean us Floridians wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell, weather-wise, cause it is still hot as ever here. When it is brutally hot here and you can break a sweat walking to your mailbox, it is practically a routine of mine to wish with every fiber in my being that it would be winter so we could finally cool down. Then, as soon as the temperature drops below 70, I find myself wishing it were summer. Go figure wisdom dairy.

This is a great lunch/dinner to beat the heat with. So I know this isn’t a dessert, but it still qualifies as yummy eats. I was craving some watermelon the other day so I picked one up at the store. Excitedly, I ran home to cut this baby open and lo and behold, it was mushy, overripe and disgusting. I couldn’t bring myself to throw the entire thing away and be completely wasteful, so I decided to make the perfect summer dinner: watermelon gazpacho. You could literally make this blindfolded with as many or as little ingredients as you’d like. Again, gotta love recipes that you can toss into a blender and boom. done.


2 cups cubed watermelon
1/2 cup hothouse cucumber
1/2 medium sized onion wisdom dairy
1 stalk celery, including leaves
1 tablespoon basil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
olive oil wisdom dairy
salt & pep

没有评论:

发表评论